Anyone up for a little crochet-along? This cat was one of the very first toys I ever made back in 2012 and I'd forgotten all about it, but it's such an easy and fun pattern and I thought maybe you'd like to join me in making some cute kitties.
This is a great pattern for beginner toy makers and works up using just single crochet stitches. Plus, I finally made my very first video showing the process from start to finish. So, if you're new to this amigurumi business, it's easy to follow along.
ABOUT THE PATTERN
Size: About 24 cm (9 1/2") when crocheted with DK / light worsted weight yarn and a 2,50 mm crochet hook and about 28 cm (11") when crocheted with worsted weight yarn and a 3,00 mm crochet hook.
Skill level: beginner (slip stitch, single crochet stitch)
YOU WILL NEED
- Yarn of your choice. For the yellow cat I used about 40 g of Scheepjes 'Stone Washed', a DK / light worsted weight cotton and acrylic blend. And for the lilac cat I used about 65 g of DROPS 'Big Merino', a worsted weight wool yarn.
- Crochet hook to match your yarn. With the DK weight yarn I used a 2,50 mm crochet hook, with the worsted weight yarn I used a 3,00 mm crochet hook.
Tip! When crocheting toys, you want to use the smallest hook you can still crochet comfortably with, at least a size or two smaller than suggested on the yarn label. This way you will get a nice tight fabric that doesn't let the stuffing show through.
- Stuffing. Polyester fiberfill works the best, but you can use any other materials you might have at hand.
- Cotton embroidery floss or yarn for the eyes and nose.
- Yarn needle, scissors, sewing pins and a stitch marker (optional).
I do hope to see you on Monday, leave me a comment below if you'll be joining us or come by our Ravelry group.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me or leave a comment below, I am always happy to help.
* Some links may be affiliate links which will allow me to make a small commission on any products purchased using one of these links with no extra cost for you. This does not influence my opinion or recommendations in any way. Thanks for your support.