I've been wanting to add more mini animals to my collection, just like I did with the sheep, and I finally got around to it, starting with a small zebra.
At 24 cm (9 1/2") tall it's about 2/3 the size of the larger one, but takes less than half the time to make.
The pattern does include a lot of color changes, but it's not difficult to crochet, although the smaller details can be a bit fiddly to make.
Here's what you'll need:
- Yarn. I used DROPS Lima, a DK weight alpaca and wool blend, 100 m=50g (109yd =50g) / 8 ply / 11 wpi / 3: light. You will need about 30 g of white and 30 g of black yarn.
- 2,50 - 3,50 mm crochet hook (US size 2/C - 4/E) or according to the yarn.
- Polyester fiberfill, wool, wadding etc. for stuffing.
- 9 mm (1/2") safety eyes or buttons, beads, felt etc.
- Two 12 mm (1/2”) and two 15 mm (3/5”) doll joints or safety eyes or buttons.
- White cotton embroidery floss.
- Yarn needle, scissors, stitch marker.