In this tutorial I will show a quick and easy but neat way to change the yarn when working in single crochet stitch (single crochet stitch in UK and Australia).
1. Stop before the last step of the last single crochet stitch with the “old” yarn.
2. Tie the “new” yarn around the “old” yarn and push the knot close to the piece.
3. Cut the “old“ yarn and tie the yarn tails together.
4. Pick up the “new” yarn.
5. And draw through both loops on the hook, completing the last single crochet stitch with the "old" yarn.
6. Continue crocheting with the “new” yarn. There will be a step where the yarn is changed.
If you do not see the videos properly, head over to YouTube.